Monday, February 13, 2012

Moose in the Neighborhood


On the way home from getting John's hard cast put on I found these guys. They have been hanging around the neighborhood lately, so they must live close by.

Here is the cute "little" guy. Even though he's still just a baby really, he is huge.

Here is the Momma on the other side of the trees snacking on some twigs.

Moose really are shy. She didn't like me following them in the car even though I was quite a ways away. She kept flipping her ears between me and the dogs that were barking down the street and kept her baby moving away.

Here's the baby licking it's nose

The baby trying to get up the snowbank. The momma just stepped right over it.

Over the bank and on the way into the neighborhood!


Here is one just for perspective. This is my friends Yukon XL. The moose is right up next to it, and with her head down she is the same height as the car. It really is amazing how big they get.

And here is one of them in the yard next to our house. Ours' is the first one on the end of the row.

1 comment:

A little more Luz said...

I am tired of seeing pictures of Moose! I want to see pictures of your kids!