Saturday, February 4, 2012

Yukon Quest

We went to the start of the Yukon Quest on Saturday morning. It was -15 when we went, and it was 20 today. That's 70 degrees warmer than it was about a week ago!

Here's Simeon all bundled up waiting for the race to start.

Here's one of the mushers coming. It's the longest dog sled race in the world. It is 1000 miles long from Fairbanks to Whitehorse, Yukon Canada. LONG and COLD!

Uncle Ezra. He has his own gaiter...his beard. It's frozen :)


And here's Lizzie. She has pretty eyes. :)

3 comments:

Travis'wife said...

Loving the poem at the top of the page. But Travis says it needs to say the color of winter is in the aurora borealis. :)
Nice gator Ezra!! Travis wants one too!!

Little Holts said...

I have to redo the picture. I tried to do it with Jacobs laptop and it didn't have what I needed on it. I have a cool picture of the dogs from the race I missed putting up.

Travis'wife said...

Hey, I had to change the dreary baby tickers to something more colorful! It's just too depressing!