Friday, January 15, 2010

Mommy brag

Ok, so no pictures from Christmas yet, or after Christmas pictures even, but I do have to brag. Rebekah is most definitely my child. She is my mini me. After getting back from vacation she had another jump in her reading skills. Yesterday she read 100 pages of a chapter book. Yes that is right 100 pages. She got into her book and read for a few hours until she finished the book. How awesome is that!? And to think she had a mini temper tantrum when I made her read the first chapter of the book. This morning she picked out the next several books to read for school. She asks for sewing lessons everyday and reads all the time. Now there is a child after my own heart!

2 comments:

Travis'wife said...

Yay! That is so exciting! Gives me hope for my little boys, but I think they'll be a bit older before they decide to read. Congrats Rebekah!!

Little Holts said...

Yeah, Sariah doesn't learn like Bekah does. Her's is all slow and steady. Rebekah goes through incredibly fast spurts of learning, and then stays there for a little while then does it all over again. Teaching Riah to read is a whole new ball game for us.