Friday, August 5, 2011

Grape vine and box gardens


Our Lush grape vine!












tomatoes on a trellis





















Squash ...onions....cucumbers... jalapenos..bell papers....YUMMY
































My blue dress....made over. Sunday was visitor friendly Sunday ..NOT.. that we aren't usually friendly to visitors. We were all to bring a non-member friend. Both our neighbors we invited couldn't come. I was the only Primary presidency member in attendance. I conducted and did sharing time. As 3 year old Kai and his father stood at the podium I slipped behind them to get the plaque of the scripture for them ..my dress brushed against the back wall made of decorative slate stone and tore a big hole. My slip was now exposed to everyone but I carried on being the only one and focused on the doctrine being taught and that is what everyone else in the room focused on as well. I learned if you act natural and don't make a big fuss your personal disaster can 'almost' go totally unnoticed. After sharing time I sneaked into the ward library where two sisters taped me back together while I stood with my dress held above my waist. I then did the senior sharing time and when I got home I took my favorite dress apart and made a pattern. I also learned to make darts without a pattern is REALLY hard.



2 comments:

Travis'wife said...

Wow, all those veggies sound delicious!! I wish I could see them, not sure why my computer won't show the pictures!! :(
Wow, what an experience at church. You're a brave, courageous woman, Mom!! I love you. Not just anyone can pull that stunt off!

Little Holts said...

I can't see the pictures either!