Sunday, August 2, 2009

I thought we were done with this!

So, for those of you that don't know, Rebekah use to be a major sleep walker. She had night terrors for a few years, which are different from nightmares (so much worse!), but that all stopped about the time we moved back to California from Texas in February of 2008. I'd forgotten how freaky it can get when she has the night terrors. Once instead of screaming and yelling she started laughing hysterically. At first it was really funny, but when it went on for ten minutes and I couldn't get her to wake up to stop, and she was laughing so hard she was crying it started to get creepy. (Hey, I was all alone while Jacob was having night flights!) So, back to the story...Last night she was sleep walking again! Ahhhh!!! I thought it was over! She went to the bathroom (which she does asleep) and then turned to me ( I was across the hall in the office). That's when I realized she was asleep. She has this weird look in her eyes when she's asleep. Anyway, she wanders to the living room and starts walking in circles. I couldn't get her to wake up and go back to her room. She finally ends up laying down on the couch and curls up. I picked her up off the couch to carry her to her bed and she starts laughing hysterically! Once again, I couldn't get her to wake up to get her to stop. I finally went and got the camera, but by the time I got back she had pretty much wound down. I showed her the video today and told her what she did yesterday in her sleep, and she thought it was the funniest thing. She never remembers what she does when she sleep walks, and I don't think she knew before today what that really meant. Anyway we had fun watching this and talking about all the funny things she has done while sleepwalking. Sorry you can't really see the video very well, but I didn't want to wake everyone else up by turning on the light. She was almost to the point of crying in the video while laughing. I wish I had thought to get the camera a few minutes earlier when she was laughing uncontrollably. See what fabulous things Jacob misses when he is gone at night!

Yeah, I just went into Rebekah's room because she was crying. By the time I got there she was up in bed and sleep walking! Do any of you guys have kids that sleep walk, or is it just Rebekah? So far none of the other kids are doing it. (Thankfully!) I'm really hoping the night terrors don't start up again!

2 comments:

Little Holts said...

Ok, so I just watched the video now that it's posted, and you can't see ANYTHING! She really is laughing, and not crying, I promise! She has a huge grin on her face that you can't see because the quality is so bad.

The Kellers said...

Oh, poor Rebekah! I hope she doesn't have any night terrors. I don't have a clue why they would happen. My boys don't, sorry.