Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sariah's five!



Yikes, how did she get to be five? I had fun making her cake, but Jacob says that I need to start making them the night before. He's right. I should have taken a picture of the kitchen after it was all over. It was spotless before we started, but when we were done with dinner and the cake every counter in there was piled with stuff. I made three different frostings for the cake. A friend told me about marshmallow fondant, so I had to try that, and I needed water for the cake, so I learned how to make the gel frosting and of course I had to have normal frosting for the bottom and the grass! Ahhhh!!! Sometimes I'm just crazy. The kids loved it. It was so hot in the kitchen though that the icing started to melt and the lake became a waterfall on one side. I couldn't find a swan for the lake on short notice, so I found some alligators at the dollar tree and we had an Alabama Barbie party! I forgot to buy Sariah her birthday outfit, and when Rebekah noticed that she didn't get one she gave Sariah her birthday outfit to wear for the day. How sweet is that? It made Sariah feel pretty special. Sisters are great! Joseph wants either a train or dinosaur for his birhtday cake. I found some really good ideas on this cake website. I will definately be making his the night before.


4 comments:

Jack C. Holt said...

That's great. That's pretty funny how the lake turned into a waterfall. But be careful not to go wading in the lake!

The Kellers said...

LOVE the aligator pond! That's too funny! Great cake, good job Tiff. :)

A little more Luz said...

man your cake looks awesome! I've got to check out the cake website you use. what is the link?

Little Holts said...

It's www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com. The kids have a ton of fun looking at all the cakes they have, and they do everything by themes, so it's pretty easy to find what you want.