Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A year in pictures

Mom challenged me to take a picture a day this year. I started doing it, and the next to pictures are from Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. I'll have to send today's picture from my cell phone. We had a marshmallow fight for FHE. The kids got marshmallow blowguns in their stockings. They love to take them apart and make new configurations out of them. LOTS of fun! During FHE Sariah decided to pack her's as full as she could. She was going for the buckshot effect.
(Monday January10th)

Sariah is reading! This is a major accomplishment for us. MAJOR. She learns in a very different manner than I do, and it has been really hard for us to find a way for her to understand reading. There have been a lot of tears and frustration on both sides during this process. We took a break since just before we moved from our reading lessons and I changed some things when we got here. It has made all the difference for both of us. She realized Monday morning that she is able to read on her own! Hooray! She hasn't stopped reading since. I love to see the excitement in my children when the accomplish something new, especially things they really thought they couldn't manage.
(Tuesday January 11th)

I love how Simeon squints his eyes shut whenever I take his picture. It's his "cheese" face. This boy was in serious need of a haircut! Shaggy hair all the way down into his collar on Sunday. Ewww!!!
(Sunday January 9th)

Now that is one clean cut handsome boy!

1 comment:

Travis'wife said...

Congratulations Sariah!! That's awesome, welcome to wonderful world of reading. :) Simeon looks so handsome in his haircut, wish I could see it in person! Sounds like a fun FHE, we haven't done one yet, it's on the list.