Monday, June 6, 2011

Fridge Orginization

Here is a picture of our fridge that we talked about at PLASR last Saturday. Hope this helps you guys like it has helped me! I don't have all that many leftovers anymore since I freeze whatever I don't think we will use for lunches in the next couple of days, so that is less space taken up in the fridge. Sorry for the cruddy photos. My batteries in the camera are dead, and I haven't found the rechargeables since we moved.

This is the center section. Each tub holds a group of things: lunch meats and hot dogs, cheeses, and sandwich condiments. All I have to do is pull out the tub I need, and when lunch is over I pile it all in and shove it back in the fridge. No more searching!

Bottom shelf is big containers that are bulky or seldom used. All our lettuce is chopped up and in the green container on the right. If we don't eat all the salad at dinner I put it in a ziplock and put it back in the container. Then it gets used for lunch the next day.

There's the whole thing. Not anywhere as neat as the photos Mom sent us this morning! Top shelf on the left is leftovers and the right is everything else. Milk containers are in the door along with any salad dressings and sauces that don't go in the bins. Fruits and veggies generally go in the bottom drawers. Eggs stay out on the counter. I don't waste the fridge space with those since they don't have to be refrigerated.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

Travis'wife said...

Awesomeness! I need to do that with my cupboard space. Ick.
BTW I love what you've done with the blog, and I like this font!