Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving with the Ely's

All of my sisters and their families came to our house for Thanksgiving. It was a hectic, but fun weekend. Cooking was an all day affair on Saturday, and my oven caught on fire at one point. I didn't see it. I was in the back with Rebekah doing her hair. It was so bad that they took all the kids out of the house and were running around looking for Bekah and me. Jacob had to use the fire extinguisher to get it out. I still have the task of cleaning up the last of the oven mess tomorrow. Joe, Nancy's husband, was nice enough to clean up a big part of it, and he washed all the dishes. Fabulous man!

Here is the best picture of the Holt kids. They were really uncooperative by this point!
Lizzie didn't want her picture taken anymore.


All the cousins. This is really the best picture of them all. I still have to use gimp to clean up the picture. We were going to take pictures outside, but the day just got to crazy, and we had to take them inside when it was completely dark.
Uncle Toufik and Simeon. He is my oldest sister Ali's husband.

Eating Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday.

2 comments:

The Kellers said...

Wow, that looks like a ton of fun! That's neat that you were able to have your sister's over! Awesome.

Little Holts said...

It was fun. I forgot to mention that my washing machine broke the night my sister got here, so there were eight kids and three adults for a week and then three more kids and five more adults from Thursday to Sunday morning.