Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Keller Updates

Hello ya'll.

Sorry we haven't posted anything in forever. The reason being, we no longer have a working camera. Travis dropped it and it got busted. So I am now in the process of searching for a digital camera on craigslist.

Anyway, I thought I should still update every0ne on what we've been doing. Summer has been great here. Not too terribly hot like Alabama!! (hehe) I have some beautiful flower boxes that I wish ya'll could see, red white & blue. Feeling so patriotic. I was able to sing a fun 3 part version of the Star Spangled Banner on Sunday. I got to teach part of the Gospel Doctrine class a few weeks ago, it went well.

Travis has been fishing like crazy, of course, w/brother Adam as deckhand. We've been going on lots of bike rides, like the little Holts. I actually did it alone today with all three kids hoooked to me. We didn't go too fast, and stopped by the library for story time. Tracker still isn't walking, and he always seems to grab onto my legs and scream at me. Trayton is just beginning to learn to ride w/this nice $5 bike some adopted grandparents bought for us at a garage sale. It has training wheels on it.

I've been "putting up" (as I call it) batches of canned salmon and smoked salmon. Travis has been enjoying doing a lot of Red Salmon fishing on the Russian River. I just did a batch today and need to finish up one more, then I'll be done until the next time he decides to go fish! (Ezra, you need to come up!!) I also enjoyed hiking up to Exit Glacier w/many friends in Seward, while carrying Tracker on my back in my 5 yd stretchy wrap. It was fun.

I've been enjoying running w/a friend who's up here for the summer. We did the 6 mile "Spit Run". Down in Homer there's a skinny piece of land that runs out into the Kechamak Bay, and it's been named "the Homer Spit". Cute, huh?

Our garden is thriving, as long as I water it well, and weed it in 2 min increments to make sure Tracker doesn't eat my beautiful flowers. He's developed a liking for daisies. You guys should see the boy's hair, they are so bleached! I wish my hair would do that. Not sure what we'll be doing for the 4th, but I am so excited for it this year! I've been doing a lot learning about our constitution and the founding fathers!!

We've been going to bed around 10-11 with the sunlight shining on us still! That'll change once winter comes around. Can't wait to see ya'll in December. I guess you can know we're trying to get pregnant, but we're not yet. It'd be fun to have a baby w/Rachel, but we'll see what the Lord has in store.

Sorry for making it so long, but as they say "a picture says a thousand words," and I don't have any of those, so there you have it.

Love you all! The kellers

5 comments:

Little Holts said...

Sounds like there are some great things going on for you guys. What kinds of things are you looking up about the constitution and founding fathers? Are there specific books you are reading? We love you guys and can't wait to see y'all again!

Jack C. Holt said...

Our blog's goin' southern, y'all! (Well Nettie and Travis DO live in southern Alaska). And thanks for the spelling correction on "y'all", Tiff.

MaryLue said...

How can the Alsakans make our blog southern? THey are the most Northern of all! As long as we don't have to listen to country music when we turn on our blog I'll accept "y'all" on our blog. We love you guys! It's good to hear what's going on with you!

The Kellers said...

The southern thing is something that Travis has instilled in us, only because he has southern friends who visit us.
Tiff, I'm reading "The Five Thousand Year Leap" by Cleon Skousen (LDS) and spent about 3 hours in a constitution class that was held for 2 days @ the Kenai Highschool just a bit ago. I also just rented a movie from library on the constitution (much like the class). So I'm really learning about all the ways that we no longer follow the constitution in our nation today. Very disappointing, but I'm loving learning about it.

The Kellers said...

The main reason I wrote y'all (that's weird to spell it that way) is because it's faster!! I'm lazy.