Monday, May 31, 2010

Gardening at the Keller's Home

I forgot to mention that I got my hair cut! :) Here's me & Naomi outside enjoying the sun.Well, it's that time of year again. Here's the man who makes it all happen. Out raking the yard, getting rid of trash & leaves. I don't know, but it must be the long winters we endure that get us so excited about gardening & beautifying our little piece of land/heaven.
Travis filled our green house with tomatoe plants (no, they don't grow like weeds here. We haven't had a successful harvest of tomatoes yet), cucumbers, string beans, & cabbage, I think.


This is a "before" pic of the hanging baskets of petunias. At the end of the summer I'll post another pic, and you'll see how much they grow! They'll be hanging all over the place.

My flower boxes, my present from last year from Travis!! Grampa Walt & I went shopping Saturday and picked out yellow marigolds, daisies, purple & yellow violas & purple "wave" petunias. I'll also post an after photo of these.


Travis planted these tulips last fall for me :). They are looking beautiful!


Here's the rows all started. This is only a third of the garden, though. These seedling are being watered by drip hose. There's lettus, swiss schard, spinach, kale, beets, radishes, carrots, kohlrabi, peas, potatoes (a lot!!), and eventually cabbage, broccoli & cauliflower.


I went outside to find Tracker like this... asleep!! So cute! I love it when kids fall asleep in odd places, especially unintentionally. :)


Here's more kissing of Naomi from brothers. So cute. They love to come in the room in the morning & cuddle with her.

And the Tustin/Naomi picture I promised. So cute.


Enjoy the summer!

1 comment:

Little Holts said...

Love all the flowers! Can't wait to see what they look like later this summer. We have a bucket garden, and I've decided I don't like it. It's so hot here I have to water the tomato plants twice a day or they will wilt because it's so hot and the buckets dry out too fast. Oh well. We have tons of tomatoes and peppers already though. Our summer starts way earlier here! It's already in the 90's. The boys look like they love Naomi!