Sunday, May 9, 2010

So Long Gramma Nancy

It was absolutely amazing & wonderful to have Mom here. I could not have made it w/out her, truly. Travis was gone almost 24/7 that first week after the birth. Once again, I am indebted to my beautiful mother, with no ability to ever fully pay her for all she's done my whole life. She kept my house clean & took care of the boys while I was laid up in bed the first couple days after. When Naomi needed to nurse, I was able to sit and relax & bond w/my little girl. I believe that first week is crucial to creating a strong mother/daughter bond, and I was able to put full focus towards that because Mom was there for me. I felt 100% secure & at peace with my Mother taking care of what mattered most to me at that time. We also buckled down on the boys in enforcing family rules & obedience! Mom is relentless, I tell you. I feel much better about my boy's behavior & my ability to carry out consequences. :) Life is back to normal, and I miss my Mommy!! Back to a dirty house, though I try. Oh, and dinner making. Blah!!
To my beautiful Mom, I love you, and I am thanking the Lord for all you've done for me, and taught me in my life, and all that's yet to come. Happy Mother's Day. XOXOXO

I finally made it back to the birthing center with my camera, so I could take some pix of the room where Naomi was born. This is the tub where I would have birthed, if we'd done it in water. Naomi & I were able to take an herbal bath together just hours afterward, though. So that made up for the no-water birth.
I love this facility, it's beautiful.
Here's the toilet where Naomi was born over. And these are the 2 assistant girls who actually were there, catching. Caitlin & Annika. They were awesome, and performed like stars!

Here's upstairs with Andrea the midwife. She made it just minutes after I pushed out the placenta.

And here's a sweet one of Trayton & Naomi. He's just adoring her. :)
Happy Mother's Day, Mom. To all my sister's too, you're wonderful examples to me of mothers.

2 comments:

Travis'wife said...

I like how Jacob's name under the birthday calendar has his last name to help us realize which Jacob has his birthday the 9th of Feb... haha.

Little Holts said...

haha...I'm sure that had to be me that put his last name on there. I have no idea why I would have done that! Your post was really sweet, and I like the pictures that go with it. Mom leaves in five days. :( Can't believe it's almost over.