Monday, May 24, 2010

Summer time BBQ in Alaska

So the other day we had a bbq. Travis came home from Deep Creek to save my sanity. Getting back to reality has been a bit of an eye opener. And it's making me crazy. So Travis came home for me. :) And he made a fantastic meal!!
Here's the hapy boys helping outside.
Here's the chef, about to spread on some marinade.

That right there is a lobster tail. Travis and his fancy eating!! He couldn't pass up buying them just to say he ate them. I guess there's a meal on most restaurant menus called "surf & turf." They usually include steak & some sort of fish, and they're usually expensive. So he does it "Travis-style" and buys the meat & cooks it himself. And he does a pretty good job. :) We also bbqed some corn on the cob (2 for $1!!! That's stinking good here), and salmon, and hot dogs for the boys. And there's the steaks, mmm. The lobster tails, to me, were a mix between steak and shrimp in texture. Very good, but I'd do fine with just shrimp. Fun experience. Travis would just do it for the nastalgia of eating a "$50 meal" at home for less. :)

Here's some pix of the boys & Naomi. Tracker doing tummy time with her.

Trayton's always gotta a hold of her. I pass her off to him to grab something. He seems to do good for longer times (5min). It's nice to pass her off to her brother!!
I'm suprised I don't have any of Naomi & Tustin. Tustin LOVES his little sister & treats her with such love. When she cries, he'll run over, caress her face & say "it's okay Naomi, I"m right here." I'll take some with him next time she's awake and post it here. :)

Oh, and congrats to Travis' little sister Alice!! She just participated in her Idaho State Track meet on Friday/Saturday. She got 2nd in the medley & 1600 (mile- and she would have gotten first if she hadn't had to run a lap to get her jersey immediately before the race) and 2 firsts!! In the 3200 & 800. You go girl!!

1 comment:

Little Holts said...

Cute kids! The BBQ looks super tasty. We usually just do hamburgers and hotdogs and veggies. I like how Tustin is so sweet to Naomi. What a good big brother!