Sunday, December 5, 2010

My Rolling Pin

Travis made me this HUGE rolling pin. I mean HUGE. He'd been working on it since before we left for vacation, but was waiting for some parts before he could give it to me. I couldn't figure out what it could be, mostly because I didn't think a rolling pin of that size would be practical or manueverable. Anyway, he gave it to me, and I just smiled and said, "wow, that's huge!" Then I used it on sugar cookie dough and I was sold! It's self-rolling I tell you! It's so heavy, it just presses down on the dough for you! I also was able to roll out pizza dough with it, it worked wonderfully! I did have to aply a little more pressure to the pizza dough, but it was great. It takes a lot less effort to roll my dough out now.
The one thing Travis didn't account for was where I would keep it... minor detail. But it's found a spot up really high, where it's handle (that sticks out a foot) won't hit anyone as they walk by.
Here I am rolling out the pizza dough. With my awesome apron.

The boys started ice skating. They can go really fast when they hold on to the bars.

Travis at Thanksgiving dinner at our friends, The Thomas' house.

Tracker holding the flag for school.

Making some figures with pattern blocks. They really enjoyed that.

4 comments:

Little Holts said...

WOW! That is a really big rolling pin. Definately the biggest one I've ever seen, for sure. :) The ice skating looks fun. Our kids are excited to learn! We just got them all skates at Play it Again Sports. Can't beat $10 for skates! I want to make a little rink in our back yard, but we'll see if I can talk Jacob into it. Then we won't have to walk down to the creek to skate or go pay at the rink on base.

Travis'wife said...

Wow, that would be way fun to have a skating rink in your backyard, pretty ambitious. If you find any more great deals on ice skates, let me know. We just rent ours $1 a session.
How do y'all like how I've decorated the blog? You guys can change the blog motto pic anytime you want. I just thought it was time for a change. :)

Little Holts said...

I like it! I'm happy someone besides me does changes to it. More fun that way. They had more skates there. What size do the boys wear? The prices were anywhere from $8 to $20 for the used skates. I even got a pair for Simeon. They are so small and cute! The skating rink actually sounds pretty easy. I looked up how to make one, and it's fairly inexpensive and easy to do! 2x4's or pvc pipe and plastic sheeting is all it takes!

Travis'wife said...

Will the skating rink be ready? I'm not sure I should buy ice skates, mostly because the boys will be out of that size next year, and who knows when we may skate again. But they're 12 & 11, Tracker is 9.