Monday, December 6, 2010

Winter days

Jacob...with 50 extra pounds. Hehe...this is his super -60 snow suit the Army issued him. We went down to the creek the other day, and he was sweating like crazy by the time we got home. Whatever it's made out of works really well.

Our Service Jar.
We are trying to focus on being more service minded here at our house. Every time someone does an act of service they get to put a puff ball in the jar. I decorated it with a nativity scene to remind us of the reason we celebrate this season. The kids have really responded well to this project. Sariah has made Lizzie's bed almost every day for over a month now. It really is the little acts of service day to day that makes a home a happy one!


Cookie pizza. YUM! Simeon made his and then when he was done he picked off every little piece of candy and left the cookie behind.


We had freezing rain for three days before thanksgiving. It gave us the opportunity to make snowmen here. Usually we can't because it is so dry that the snow won't pack together. Here is my snow Mommy! I'll load up the pictures of the other snow men soon.

2 comments:

Travis'wife said...

Woah! That snow-woman is awesome! I haven't made enough snowmen to get far enough to carve them. I guess it takes me too long to roll the balls, and by then my knees and hands are frozen, and everything else is sweating!
Nice snow suit! We have sleeping bags that go down to negative degrees. We sweat in those if it's above zero.
Beautiful service jar. Good idea.

A little more Luz said...

See you are so creative with your kids, that is why living in Alaska works for you(because your stuck inside a lot)! I have no creativity in me. I can't think of fun activities to do with my kids.