Sunday, October 25, 2009

Brotherly Kindness

So amoung other things, we've finally returned home from our super long trip. The first week we were back, the boys would ask me if we were spending the night at "so & so's" house when we'd go visit someone.
Also when we first arrived home the boys went straight to their room. Tustin looked all around and kept saying, this is my room, these are my things! Travis & I looked at him and he had tears in his eyes. He was so overjoyed to be home again!!
Anywho, I've been able to keep the house fairly clean and in good condition on a regular basis... until today that is.
So I got ambitious, or annoyed, rather. And made ties for our rocking chair cushion in the space of about 3 hours. That's really good for me. I am so proud of myself. I just got tired of having to constantly replace the cushion or set it just right. I challenged Tustin (the cushion displacer culprit) to "pomp it off now" So he got up there and did his little trick and nothing happened!! He was suprised.
Here's the special service the boys did for Tracker. He was ready to go outside so Trayton ran over and got his coat off the hook and proceeded in putting Tracker's coat on him. Right there he's pulling his hands out of his sleeve. I was so proud to be a mother @ that moment.

Then Tustin offered to zip the coat.

Doing the other sleeve.



This is a caribou, something we don't ever see in town. I was driving, just a couple blocks from home and saw this caribou running down the road!! I had to stop and get a picture. This is only the second time I've seen a caribou.


We also had our primary program today. It went really well, except that Trayton sat next to the only person we asked him not to. His friend Zander is just as rambunxious as Trayton. But they seem to have matured from last year's experience. ;) I was afraid we had missed our primary program while traveling, but Trayton was able to memorized his part in a day and practiced a lot of the songs. It was so fun to see him perform well. Tustin is anxious to be a part of it next year, he's still in nursery.
Love you All!!!



1 comment:

Little Holts said...

Go Nettie for being industrious enough to make the ties! It's so sweet to see the boys helping each other.