Sunday, October 18, 2009

Simeon's birthday party

Here's the birthday boy in his birthday outfit. He got to wear it twice that day. I put him in it during the morning and then put him down for his morning nap. When he woke up he entertained himself by playing with a dirty diaper that was left on the changing table next to his bed, so I got to wash the shirt and he got to wear it twice! Fun right?

These are our kids friends that live next to us, and I'm friends with their moms. A day and a half before Simeon's birthday it was so hot the kids didn't want to play outside, and all day Friday it got colder and colder. Yea! Oh, and everyone was cold and wearing jackets, hats and gloves, but there is Sariah with shorts and a t-shirt on. She didn't get cold until really late that evening long after dark. She gets that from my parents. My mom wore shorts year round even when it was freezing. I doubt she owned more than one pair of pants.

My boys
My totally awesome neighbor and friend watched my kids so I could go shopping, and when I got back she offered to make the cake for the party since I was feeling cruddy, and I was behind with things. (Thank's Christy!)

She even made a little cake just for Simeon. How cool is that?! Aren't friends great!

Pretty much all Simeon did was poke the cake and then lick his finger. I've never had a kid that didn't chow down on cake when they got the opportunity. Simeon is always doing things differently than the other kids have. It makes things fun!


And here is the birthday song. We had a BBQ outside after dark, so it was hard to see when I did the video. Just pretend you can see better than you can. At least you can see a little bit since we had a fire going.

1 comment:

The Kellers said...

Cute cute pictures! Happy Birthday Simeon. What a cute shirt. Did you sew it on or iron, or what? Just curious.