Thursday, October 22, 2009

Lovely day

Can I just tell you how bad today is? It started yesterday when I sliced open my finger with a rotary cutter while making Bekah's tutu for Halloween. It was a dull blade. Jacob was nice enough to remind me that it's usually when the blade is dull that people cut themselves. Then this morning it was a huge fiasco to get Bekah and Riah out the door in time for their dentist appointments. We left just on time only to realize I was completely out of gas and the drive is 40 minutes long. It takes at least 15 minutes to fill my car. So we get to the dentist and all is going well. We didn't have to wait very long. Yea! They take the girls back and come get me a few minutes later. Rebekah had a fit when she had to have the x-rays. She was scared because the first one hurt a little. We convinced her to get two more, and then she wouldn't do anymore. She was terrified that the others were going to hurt, and we had two left. They put her on nitrosoxide (no idea how to spell that), which my insurance doesn't pay for, and she still refused to open her mouth. She was hysterical and not going to calm down. So, she has to go back to get more done. She has cavities to be filled and since she was freaked out this time they are going to give her a sedative next time which cost $98, which of course my insurance doesn't cover. Not only that, she'll have to do it twice. We get to pay over $400 out of pocket once it's all said and done in December. Lovely. At least I really like the dentist and her assistants. They were super nice and patient with Bekah. We get home and it turns out that Simeon found a kool-aid packet and went to town. He got it all over himself, the carpet (which I just cleaned on Tuesday) and the new diaper cover that I just bought after looking for two months to find it in stock. It was red kool-aid. It was totally not my neighbors fault by the way. We can blame that one on Joseph who likes to horde food behind the couch and under the table. Evidently Jacob did the same thing with Jello packets for a while. So I found out that ammonia, water, white towels and a hot iron will take red kool-aid out of the carpet. Things you never know until you're a parent right?! At least Bekah's tutu turned out great. 14 yards of tulle will make any little girl happy right? It looks great with her leotard, so it's all worth it in the end I guess.





2 comments:

The Kellers said...

Wow, that sounds like a ton of fun!! Trayton & Tustin went to the dentist & they did really well, compared to Bekah.
Love the tutu, by the way.
We're going to attach things to the boys snow pants and coat for their Halloween costume. Creative, I know.

Little Holts said...

Rebekah did great at her last dentist appointment. This one hurt and she freaked out. When we go back in December they are going to give her an oral sedative to so her fillings since this last visit went so bad.