Sunday, October 25, 2009

Lowell kids Primary Program

Our Primary program was today. Gramma Jody and Grampa Mark called yesterday and told us they were going to come and watch the program. Each of our kids had a small line but they really weren't encouraged to memorize them. I think even if we had, had them memorize it their teacher would have whispered it in their ear. Oh, well, it was still really cute. Eliza , we found out, is the tallest and has the clearest speaking voice in her class, however she would not sing even the songs I knew she knew. It makes sense though because she's in the Parley strand and that is what Parley did when he was a sunbeam. This time Parley was singing his heart out standing way back in the back row. Emma was in the back on the other side but moved forward when she was part of a small group of some of the older kids singing the second verse of "I am a Builder" Lucy stood right in front and sang all the words with a big smile on her face. Vilate could see her so well and during one of the songs she walked over to the end of our row and said something to Gary. He couldn't understand her until she sneaked past him. He realized she was saying, "I want to sing." So she marched up to stand next to Lucy and sing. She didn't really sing but she got to be part of it. After the song finished she came and sat back down. It was cute. Sacrament meeting went so fast! I wish every Sunday was the Primary Program! :)

3 comments:

Little Holts said...

I wish it was the Primary Program every Sunday too! It goes so fast and the kids are so good for it. Not to mention having just two kids to sit with is sooooo much easier! I think somehow Bekah got some of that Parley strand and still hasn't grown out of it yet.

A little more Luz said...

Our ward had primary program last week. they were amazing. We have a total of around 19 kids. I was sitting all the way in the back and I heard every word of every song(clearly). the Kids were amazing! I Love the knew song, 'I am a builder' it is awesome! Mary your kids sound so cute I wish you could live just a little bit closer so I could see them more often.

The Kellers said...

That is so cute that Vilate went up to sing! If we sat closer to the front, Tustin may have gotten away w/that. Sybling examples are so neat in what they can do.