Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Box fun

I found a $5 box of hotwheels tracks at the thrift store last week. It was packed full of stuff, and the kids loved pulling it all out and covering the living room floor. I let them have them out there for three days, and then I couldn't take it anymore, they had to be put neatly away in the playroom after that. I think Joseph and Lizzie had just as much, if not more, fun with the box than with the tracks.


Simeon LOVES cars, so he had tons of fun with this ramp that was in there. He kept laughing out loud every time the car would go down. I had just as much fun watching him as he had doing it!

For three days this box sat in my living room, and every time I went in I would find Joseph or Lizzie, or both in it. One day Lizzie sat in in with her blanket and pillow and watched a movie. Sadly I couldn't stand it in the house anymore, and Lizzie has to go back to using the floor or the couch again.

Watching the Christmas devotional on BYU tv and having milk and cookies. Bekah is the only one who lasted through the whole thing. The other kids were sent to bed one by one as they got to tired to be reverent. It was so nice to be able to pause it and put kids to bed and still get to see all of it! Bekah was so tired that she slept in an extra two hours the next morning. Huge thank you to the First Presidency for choosing to have BYU broadcast it so that people like us with lots of small children can actually see it and enjoy it at the same time!

Here is our Baby Jesus in a manger this year. He even has his hands up like the babies in a lot of the nativities you see! He kept rolling off and would sit back up for me to put him up there again.

1 comment:

The Kellers said...

What a great deal! Don't you just love finding those kinds of deals on toys? Nice. Love the cute pictures.