Saturday, December 26, 2009

December 2009 & Christmas

I had to add Tustin asking if there was room at the inn. It's too hard to move it to its section.
So this is Christmas Day dinner at the Keller home, 2009
It was a wonderful day filled with much cleaning & little rest. Travis had me going a mile a minute. But it was all worth it when it was done.
Happy Tracker before we eat our wonderful feast.


We had a green salad, stuffing, turkey, & mashed potato-broccoli casserole with gravy. Mmmm!
This was my first ever, turkey, that I baked. Travis did help.
Travis getting ready to carve.
Ahh, yes. Travis' first gift, before Christmas. The trojan horse hiding what else was coming. He made this beautiful dvd, cd, vhs, cabinet with his own two little hands. I asked him to put doors on, and he did!

Tustin with his flarp from Uncle Ezra. He played with that for several hours, never letting go. But when he did, it was bad news. It got stuck somewhat in our carpet!
It was a hit. :) Thanks Uncle Ezra
The be-a-utiful bookshelves that Travis set up Christmas Eve night, after I had fallen asleep (around 3am). So gorgeous. I love them, and they are now filled with all of our books.
Travis 53inch moose from last year. He made this beautiful plaque and mounted it to the wall with HUGE bolts. These are heavy antlers.
Here's Chrismas morning, before the kids attacked everything. It was just me & Tracker awake, enjoying the quiet before the "storm". We got up at 9ish. It was a late night. I'm amazed how I can now sleep in Christmas morning. But not too amazed. :)
Here is the tree, and if you will notice, the beautiful RUG! Travis is such a good santa! He and I had been talking back and forth about getting one for our living room. I'd been checking prices for several months, looking at patterns.
Well, Travis, spur of the moment decided he'd do it for me and suprise me! Well, I sure was, and am loving it. It makes our home more homey. I love it!
Christmas Eve night, at the Henderson's home. We are singing carols and Travis has seat-belted the children on his lap so they will be still. :)
I had to put this one in because of Tracker's cute little smile.

Here are James & Lisa Henderson with Abraham, he's 4, Trayton's good buddy.
Trayton is not too happy about that.

Here is Anna Henderson holding Eli Richards. Playing Mary and Jesus, when the wise men came bearing gifts.

Here are the shepherds and the sheep (Tracker). And he's also wearing his Christmas pajamas from Gramma Nancy. :)
Tustin was not excited about being Joseph. Silly boy.

Brian Richards reading the Christmas story from the scriptures with Parker Richards while the children played the parts.
It was a fun-filled evening. We had a finger-food dinner with clam chowder. We did the nativity scavenger hunt that Mom gave me last year with the kids. Travis brought a ton of fireworks, including big ones you shoot off, and they explode in the sky! We had twirly hand held thingys, black cats, and even a flare that they shot off which landed on a tree, but the trees fine, nothing more happened, thank goodness.
Then we did the nativity and sang lots of Christmas songs, including several piano solos & a flute solo by Leah Henderson. Travis finished it off by offering icecream floats all around. Maybe a new tradition.
Here's an older picture of our little dinky snow man. I actually rolled the snow myself, it was fun!
Here's Travis' birthday cake. He turned 28 on the 19th. I made him 4 layer dessert, his favorite.



Here's the boys sitting on the couch. They looked so cute, I had to take a picture. :)












Tracker making a really cute, silly face. I love it!















Travis' birthday card from Great Grampa Keller. Very cute letter. He did a good job!






















Here's the boys right after we brought home the Christmas tree. We put the lights, silver garland, and ornaments on. Last year we didn't put up a tree so, it was real enjoyable this year.












Searching for the perfect Christmas tree at the Eberline's home in Sterling, Ak. They're in our ward. The boys had a lot of fun finding animal tracks in the snow.






2 comments:

Little Holts said...

very fun! How do you know when you're an adult? when you think it's fabulous that you got bookshelves and a rug for Christmas. Good job on the presents Travis! They look great.

Travis'wife said...

Ya, it's hard to follow Travis' act! I love that boy!