Sunday, October 24, 2010

Cake and Snow.

Simi's birthday cake. It turned out cute, and it had a train. Perfect for a two year old train fanatic.


Just thought I would share why Simeon was driving his train on the cake. It was on the cake before we sang to him, but he was so mad at me for putting his new train on the cake that we took it off before we sang to him. He carries Percy (the train) everywhere now. The way he says "Percy" is so cute!
Jacob so lovingly pointed out to me that the tunnel is in the sky. Thank you honey...at least it had jelly bean rocks that are super tasty.
In my defense I just copied a cake I found online without paying serious attention to the tunnel in the sky. But hey, the grass icing looks awesome. I think I'll just find a way to put grass on all the kids cakes. It turns out so cool, and I like the way it feels when I eat it!



Here is Rebekah showing me the mini snowman they made a while back. It has snowed again since then and now everything is covered, and it isn't melting. The crazy people of Fairbanks don't plow the roads until it is "bad." Our road is packed snow and ice. All the parking lots in town are solid ice. They also don't salt the roads here. They use gravel instead. Sooo....lots of people get cracked windshields during winter and spring. Awesome. We also learned that they sell little spike things you strap onto your shoes so you can walk on the ice that is everywhere without worrying about falling. Now, you may be thinking, "That sooo does not sound like fun." Well, it's different, but I'm loving it, and so is the rest of the family. AND it's not hot! Now that is nice!

Here is Sariah showing me the snowman too. She didn't have on gloves either. Silly girl! Now all the kids have gloves for playing in the snow, and they have learned through experience that you
REALLY want those gloves! They just had cotton stretch gloves we got for the trip up. Those are not good for playing in snow, so they refused to wear them.

No comments: