Monday, October 11, 2010

Winter has arrived!

Winter has arrived! Yesterday it snowed half the day, but when we went to church it all melted before we got out. Last night it snowed lightly all night long. I should know, I was up a lot! When the kids went to bed I happened to look outside, and it looked like there was white glitter all over everything. It was beautiful. So, we got all the kids in blankets and slippers and took them out to see. They loved how it looked. When I woke up this morning there was an inch of snow covering everything. It will probably be gone by this afternoon, but for now everything is white and pristine. Here's our house. The sun doesn't come up until after 8 now, and this was at 6. We've already lost 3 hours of daylight since we've gotten here. CRAZY!


Here is Joseph, our early riser. He wakes up by 7 every morning no matter how dark it is. He and I went out to explore while everyone else was sleeping. He wanted a picture with his socks on. I wish I could wake up with a smile on my face like that every morning!

1 comment:

Travis'wife said...

Wow! I'm glad I'm here getting in a real summer before I have to endure winter. But that does look so beautiful. I love how quiet and peaceful the snow makes everything feel, the morning after a good snow.