Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter and Break Up

Break up has arrived.
Nettie knows how awesome that is.
It brings a lot of happiness to my life, and my children. We spent time today just sitting on the porch watching the snow melt. Life is exciting in Alaska I tell ya! Hahaha...really though we did sit there checking out all the bare spots that have appeared in the last two days. Last week the snow in our back yard was above my knees. Today you can see dirt. 15 hours of sunlight at 50 degrees will do that. :) I took this picture at 10:45 at night with no flash. How cool is that?! I can't wait until summer really arrives. On a side note I also saw the first mosquito of the season. I might need to invest in DEET.
That was a huge mosquito.

We have had some crazy sickness since the end of February. Sariah got strep then, and when Jacob left at the beginning of March all six kids and I came down with it. Lucky Jacob missed it! Then John had to go to the hospital, and he had pneumonia to go along with the strep. Evidently Sariah and Lizzie both still have strep. I think I should get tested to. Lizzie ended up in the ER last week. She had strep tonsillitis, a stomach/intestine virus, and bronchitis, and dehydration due to puking and diarrhea and being unable to eat. Fun stuff. Then Joseph got the stomach virus and started in on all that, I have it (not as bad though, whew!), Simi had it, and John has another sickness again, and he had roseola last week. We have never had to take a child to the hospital before we moved here, and have been three times in the last six months. Twice in the last month and a half. I guess it's our turn. We're trying to get over all this before Nettie and the family come next week!

We spent Easter at home since John is still snotty and we are trying to STOP THE SPREAD OF SICKNESS! Jacob spent Easter at work, but was able to come home for lunch and dinner.

Look at that cutie slobbering into his Easter egg! He finally has enough chub on his body that his cheeks are pudgy

We missed the egg hunt at play group on Thursday due to sick kids, so we had our own hunt at home on Saturday afternoon. Can you tell how much fun Simi had?

Lining up in anticipation of the hunt. I think I need to put some kind of decoration on all these white walls in our house. :)


"Look at my eggs!"


Look at that cute little face!


I love this girl!
Happy Easter Everyone



3 comments:

Unknown said...

The kids are sooooo darling. They look like they had a fun Easter even with all the sickness and MIA Papa. Tiff you look beautiful WW looks good on you.keep up the good work. I love the pretty picture of Sariah at the top. Where is she at?...XOXOXOX..YFM

Travis'wife said...

Yay for fun Easter! Love the pictures. I'm sad to report, Naomi probably has RSV, so I'm hoping she'll be over that before we come up there too!
Yay for break-up!!

Little Holts said...

Thanks Mom! WW is working. I slacked pretty bad since March, but I'm back on track now. It's good for me. Sariah is at ballet practice in the top picture. They love it there :) Nettie, we can't wait for you to get here! Hope Naomi is better today! Oh, and I found the tights that I bought for her.