Sunday, February 21, 2010

New fun stuff

I love to look online for craft ideas, and found something fun to make for the kids. The easel I saw online at Target.com and bought the supplies at Lowes, and the aprons I saw at a blog called MADE http://www.dana-made-it.com
Sariah colors so much better than this. I'm not really sure why she was scribbling.
Lizzie is learning to love coloring also. The boards are adjustable, but she still has to reach for the paper. I think I'll have to add some extra holes to make it lower for her.
I really like these aprons, and they are easy to make! One dishtowel and some bias tape. You actually don't even need the bias tape, but that makes the project go faster. Oh, and Bekah is dressed! She's just being a ballerina for now. :) I guess the apron makes a good mini skirt in the front.

Our ward had a rummage sale to raise funds for a shelter in town. It was a huge success, and we ended up raising over $1000. We found this fun electric track while we were there. The kids love it, but they can't figure out how to go slow enough to keep the cars on the track. They just want it to go as fast as it can. Rebekah gets it, but isn't really that interested in cars. Oh well, Joseph will figure it out eventually. Simi just wants to sit on the track or take it apart. Oh, and Nettie I found a pink wool sweater to make a diaper cover for you to try with Naomi! That's our fun stuff for this weekend.

1 comment:

Travis'wife said...

Wow, that's some fun stuff! Nice track. Love the easle. & can't wait to see the wool cover for Naomi!! Woohoo!
Thank you Tiff.