Monday, August 2, 2010

Saturday and a Mommy brag

This is what I love about the south. It is BEAUTIFUL! Trees as far as you can see, green everywhere (without any sprinklers). It's a wonderful place if you can deal with the humidity. Maybe with a picture of this you guys can understand why I think San Diego is so brown and dead looking for most of the year. Don't get me wrong, I love it there, and hope to go back some day, but when you grow up with trees like these you sure do miss them when they aren't around! It makes me feel so good to see so many trees. I do know people though that get claustrophobic with so many trees. Eh...I guess it goes both ways. :) I think I'll stick with being a tree lover for life though.


Oh happy day! I missed PLASR this month to go pick up Jacob's graduation present from Mom White. She bought him a new suit and the closest branch of the store here was in Montgomery, a two hour drive from our house. It is also the closest Red Robins. We haven't been there in two years, and it's our favorite place to eat by far. Happy, happy day!


Does life get any cuter than this? No, I don't really think so. Simi eating. Happiness, pure happiness!


Silverware fight with Joseph, I think.


A "nice" waitress changed the channel on the tv to Sponge Bob. I am NOT a Sponge Bob fan, but that's besides the point. We were having a nice time eating our lunch and just talking to each other, but once she changed it from sporting events to cartoons our kids were gonners. Sariah physically cannot keep her eyes off a tv if it has cartoons on it. It drove Jacob and I crazy! We didn't drive two hours to have lunch and pay to watch cartoons. We ended up just getting boxes for the last of the food because the kids literally stopped eating to watch the tv. Grrr...


I love how when we walk out and each of our kids get a balloon it looks like we just left a party. Then, of course, they all got tangled in the car when the a/c was blowing full blast and bouncing the balloons around. That caused some screaming in the back seat, but our fabulous Papa came to the rescue! Surprisingly we didn't have any more problems with the balloons the whole way home.


OK, total Mommy bragging moment. Rebekah is a very thoughtful little girl. She is always doing things for her siblings, and Jacob and I. She loves to surprise me with things like making my bed without saying anything and leaving a heart note on the pillows for me to find. That generosity also extends to her friends. She loves to sew and asked on Sunday if she could make a bag. Then she decided she wanted to make it for a friend instead. Tonight we cut out the pattern and she sewed the whole thing together all by herself. She followed the directions I gave and did a pretty good little job. All her seams match up nearly perfectly. At this rate she will someday surpass me and be a fabulous seamstress just like my mother was. She could make anything and make it look good! I love my Bekah girl and I love her enthusiasm for serving others!


Here it is. All done and ready for Chloe tomorrow. It's a very basic, quick pattern that's just the right size for little girls to throw all their stuff in. A whole Polly Pocket village can fit in there!

5 comments:

A little more Luz said...

I know what you mean. There have been times when I long for TV to distract Samuel. Other times I'm upset because I've been trying to keep him away, and he's perfectly happy and then someone turns the TV on for him "to calm him down".

A little more Luz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MaryLue said...

I'm not fond of sponge bob either. Blech. I bet that waitress thought she was "calming them down" like Rachel talked about. ahh. Agravatinbg.

Little Holts said...

I'm sure she thought she was doing us a favor, but we sure didn't need it. The kids were being very well behaved and they were very quiet the whole time. Jacob told me when we left and were talking about it that the mother and daughter sitting next to us weren't even talking to each other. The daughter played her DS the whole entire time, and the mother was on her phone or watching tv. Doesn't anyone just do out to eat and enjoy the food and each others company anymore?

Little Holts said...

Umm...that would be go out to eat, not do out.