Thursday, June 17, 2010

Emma's Glasses


When Emma had her physical for kindergarten she missed a lot of the letters when doing the sight test and even though they suggested she have a vision test I didn't schedule one because I thought they were mistaken and just didn't realize she super good at her ABC's yet. She has never complained about having a hard time seeing. At the beginning of this school year Emma had a vision test at school and she cam home telling me, "THey said I missed a lot and should have a vision test with a Dr." I started thinking I should make an appointment. As we were sitting waiting for Emma's eye appointment I started thinking , "Why am I doing this? Emma can see fine. THe Dr. is going to think I'm silly." However when we had the test he said she has a lazy left eye and is far sighted. Her right eye is perfect and was compensating for the left eye. 3 weeks later they called saying her glasses were ready. The man that gave us her glasses and talked to us about how and when to use them and how to care for them was amazed to find out these were her first pair of glasses. He said, "Usually you work your way up to this prescription." The left side is pretty thick. She looks cute with them though and is amazed how different everything looks. (She told me Caroline looks different to her when she has her glasses on)

4 comments:

Little Holts said...

She looks really cute with her glasses on.

I know someone who's husband is an optometrist, and a while after they were married he checked her eyes. Turns out she has astigmatism. She looked up at the moon after she had her glasses and gasped, "the moon is ROUND!."

A little more Luz said...

Emma looks so different with her glasses. she is so grow up.

Travis'wife said...

Wow, Tiff, that's a crazy story! lol!

Yay for Emma! She can see now! It's like when Ezra needed glasses. Weird.

Little Holts said...

I was looking at Emma's picture again. She may need glasses, but I bet she won't need braces. Her teeth are so perfectly straight!