Thursday, June 17, 2010

Vilate's B-day

Vilate just turned 4 and I atempted to make a dress-up dress. It is weird looking but it won't fall apart because I used my awesome new sewing machine. I have an idea for an improvement on my made-up pattern and want to make another one. Mom made her a fun violet (not to be confused with Vilate) dress-up skirt. She says it is like one she had at day care that was Bentley and Bailey's favorite. (how old would those boys be now? they are still little in my mind) Mom and I found a cute ladybug cake on line. I made a chocolate cake with choc. chips in a pyrex bowl and a custard bowl for the body and head. I made red buttercream frosting (tastes so much better with butter instead of margarine) and Junior mints as dots and M&Ms for eyes and mouth.

3 comments:

Little Holts said...

Jacob says that dress is an angel princess dress. So now she can be an angel and a princess at the same time! I think it's awesome you are trying out your own patterns. the more you do it the easier it gets and the better you understand how clothing goes together. Vilate is so darling. I like how she blows the candles out with her mouth shut. :)

Oh, and the cake is really cute!

A little more Luz said...

I love the cake, and yeah for made up patterns! I just made an apron for Guacy's vivi today. I just kind of through it together!

Travis'wife said...

Oh, Vilate is sooo cute! Ya, good way of blowing out the candles.

Mary, awesome cake! Awesome home-sewn dress! I'm not that brave yet. I'm stuck on patterns, unless I can trace something. I want to eat some cake too!!