Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Rocking Chair

So, here's the rocking chair, before. I've been feeling motivated to do some reupholstering of a rocking chair in our home. It's not actually ours, but at least I'll be returning it (not for a long time I hope) better than when it was given to us. It's taken probably 2 weeks, maybe less total. I'm so very proud that I was able to do this, it's amazing.
Here's the back. The material is a bit outdated, and the bottom cushion had a hole in the front, that's mainly why I decided to do this. The paint is white, and a bit chipped.

Now here's the back after it's all done. I'm sad you can't tell, but the paint is now "almond" and no longer chipped (and painted to Travis' perfection). I also made the ties at the top & bottom. The color of the cushion is a beautiful checkered green.

And here's the front with buttons to hold the material to the cushion. I think I may still add two more buttons on the bottom, it looks a little loose to me. I also haven't actually sewed the top cushion closed on the bottom, so I'm not quite finished.
I also put in a zipper on the bottom so that I can easily clean the cover. Yay!!

No more chipped paint, and the almond is nice & warm, compared to the white. Although you can't really tell, sorry.
Hope you all enjoy. And I like to thank Tiff, Travis, and my friend Nikiesha for your help, support & advice. :)

2 comments:

Little Holts said...

Yay! You did it! Great job Nettie. It looks so nice now. Jacob says it looks you did good. Now on to the next project right? Hahaha...that's how it works here at our house with me!

Travis'wife said...

Yep, on to the next project. It seems once I've discovered I can actually do things like this, I can't stop!! It's addicting.