Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Gymnastics

Joseph really wishes that he could be out there with the girls. I think he would love it, but Jacob would rather have him in Taekwondo. I understand why, so it's ok. The boys both usually sit like this at the edge of the mat, and I constantly have to remind them that they aren't supposed to go any further.


The girls really love going to gymnastics. Lizzie is starting to get over being with other adults. She has never liked being with adults outside the family . She's been with the same nursery teacher since January, and just this last month is she truly excited to go in there. On Sunday she was walking down the aisle after sacrament and her teacher was walking down the other one. When she saw her she looked at me and said, "Look Momma, dat my teacher! I love her!" Woohoo! Major accomplishment! Anyway, the same thing for gymnastics. She's been there for months, and she's finally participating. She calls it her "nastics." She has some really good teachers in there. I love to watch her with her chubby little body running around and trying to do all the stuff on the equipment.

Sariah and Rebekah have really learned to love it too. Sariah struggles with listening frequently. She gets a little spastic at times, but after a particularly bad day of driving her teacher crazy we had a talk. The threat of no more lessons if she didn't control herself has done wonders! Both girls are progressing and have most of their charts checked off to move on to the next level.

One super nice thing about Alabama is that I can put all the kids in lessons for the price I would pay for one child in California. Score! The girls already have me looking up a gym in Fairbanks.



The other nice thing about putting them in gymnastics is that it has really made them more conscious about being healthier and getting their bodies stronger. Rebekah's teachers told her to work on her upper body strength so she can progress on the bars and floor, so she and Sariah have been working on pullups and pushups at home. It's amazing how doing just three or four a few times a day has improved their strength.

3 comments:

Travis'wife said...

The girls look so cute in their leotards!
Did you find a gym in Fairbanks? How much? The boys just started swim lessons, and I leave Tracker with Nikiesha, my friend. I don't think I could handle having him there, walking around the pool. I thought about putting them in soccer this summer. But I'd just had the baby right when the cut-off date for sign ups was, and forgot about it. Ice hockey is a big sport up here, but first they've got to get the hang of ice skating. But that goes on in the winter time. Fun stuff for boys here. Not to mention hunting & fishing. :)

A little more Luz said...

your girls look so cute! i can't wait see my kids learn something new like 'nastics or taekwondo. It is so fun seeing your kids look so grown up! wow they are so cute!

Little Holts said...

Rebekah is excited to learn ice skating. They have a rink and also a small skiing slope at ft wainwright. FUN! I did find a gym in Fairbanks, but it's a little more expensive than it is here. I'm not sure what, if anything, I'm going to put Joseph in when we get there.