Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Pioneer Day Parade

Here on the Kenai Peninsula we celebrate Progress Days on Pioneer Day. Not sure what progress day is about except maybe progress in the last frontier. Anyway, it's nice because we get a parade and a little festival thingy. This year our stake primary entered in to participate in the parade as pioneers. A great way to celebrate Pioneers, show others.
Here is Tustin in the second wagon. This was taken by a friend in the ward. I actually wasn't there, I was very sick. The other great thing about the church, I felt comfortable enough to ask a leader, Sis. Peterson, to take my kiddos home. I dropped them off at the beginning of the parade and went home to enjoy being sick with just the 2 little ones.
Here's Trayton, he was in the first handcart. Very cool, they had these handcarts made for the youth pioneer trek. My visiting teacher, Sis. Eberline, is in the blue skirt & bonnet. I'm glad my boys were able to participate & enjoy being in their first parade, even though I wasn't there.
I also asked a dear friend, the Thomas' to take the boys to church for me on Sunday, as I was still in no shape to leave the house. I'm very grateful my children were able to attend church, even though I couldn't. I won't explain all the gory details of my sickness, but I was having terrible belly cramps for 2 days straight & not able to keep anything down. No fun. I'm really glad that's over, almost.

3 comments:

Little Holts said...

Super cute of the boys on the handcarts! They are getting so big. Isn't it great to have good friends?

I swear we must have had the same thing, but mine was a little shorter. One nasty weekend!

Travis'wife said...

Really? Crazy! It was the weirdest thing I've ever been through. Ya, 2 days was too much. I don't think I'm producing enough milk for Naomi. She cries after every feeding. I'm afraid she's gonna starve. I'd give her formula, but I can't find the only bottles I have in our storage. Grrr!

Little Holts said...

You can always try these if you don't really want to supplement.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/LACTATION-COOKIES-1252680

They increase your milk supply. Not sure where you would get brewers yeast though.