Friday, July 16, 2010

Hot summer nights

Here we are on our way!


Pillows, blankets, and nightfall...


chairs, food, AND


...a movie!
Talk about nostalgia! We would go to the drive-in when I was a kid, and we loved it. I remember watching Lion King when it opened at the drive in and it was pouring down rain so hard we couldn't see even with the wipers going full blast. I watched the midnight opening of Star Wars when it first came out there. Ahhhh...I love it. Very few bugs, the cost is low, you get to watch a movie in your pajamas outside, and the kids are all asleep when we get home. Sooo nice!

2 comments:

Travis'wife said...

No way! That's too fun! I've never done that, and I don't think there is any place here that does it! It'd probably be way too cold anyway. How fun is that!

Little Holts said...

Yeah,I thought about that last night while we were there. You're lacking in the nightfall department. ya kinda, gotta have that! No dark in the summer and too cold in the winter. oh well. There are lots of other fun things that will make up for no drive in!