Friday, July 16, 2010

Vinyl Wall Art

First off, Mary, Mom White says congratulations on being pregnant. She's so happy for you. How wonderful that you are serving the Lord and providing homes for little spirits!

This might not be all that interesting to you guys, but it's something I'm enjoying right now. Jacob let me get a Cricut (after much begging). If you don't know, it's a machine that is meant to cut vinyl or paper. You can also use it to cut fabric. I LOVE it! It's so much fun. Here are a few pictures of things I have cut out for around the house. If you guys ever want anything let me know and I'll make it and send it off!

This one is in our entryway. People comment on it all the time. The picture frame has each of the children's names etched on the glass under their picture. You'd think that since John is three months old now I would have gotten around to putting his picture in there by now. I made it about a month before I had him.


This is in the playroom above the kids' bookshelf. I like it because it reminds me to take time from my day to just sit and read to them, something I forget to do when I'm caught up in keeping the house clean and running to my satisfaction.


This helps them put their towels in the right place, and lets me know who has left their towel in the middle of the floor. Simeon ALWAYS leaves his towel in the middle of the floor! hahaha...it's not his fault though. He still can't reach the hook!


This one is in the kids' bathroom next to the mirror. I put it up, and Rebekah asked me what it meant. We had a nice discussion on what it means to be beautiful inside and out.


I love the temple on this one. It's about 12 inches tall. And yes, the words are a little crooked,



4 comments:

A little more Luz said...

wow! that looks like fun! but aren't you moving soon?

Little Holts said...

Yes. We have 7 weeks left! A lot of it I've had up for a while. I did a few recently. I get the vinyl really cheap, so it's not a big deal. It probably costs me less than a dollar to make most of them, so I can make them for this house and again when we move. :)

Travis'wife said...

Wow, that is beautiful! I love it. You come up with such crafty things to do. I struggle with that.

Yes, when you move here, I think I will come to your house & have a party making vinyl wall stuff. Maybe I should ask first.

How do you make it stick to the wall?

Little Holts said...

Come and party away! It's sticky on the back. I actually made a sticker for you and forgot to send it with the diaper box. Oh well. I'll get it to you. Mom said you had made a sign with Keller and Families are Forever on it, so I wasn't too worried about getting it to you yet. I have the San Diego temple on the back of our car too. I forgot that one.