Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Summertime Fun














We have had a pretty eventful summer so far. We have to get it all in because the summer break gets shorter every year. Last school year ended on June 18th and will start on August 12th. For the 4th of July we got to spread it over 3 days because it was on Sunday this year. We had our traditional pool party at the Lowell Sr.s on Sat. the third. Gary just was called to the High council in our stake so was ordained a High Preist on the 4th. Both of our parents and Ezra and Tim came for that so I made patriotic cake. On the 5th was our ward breakfast (my pet peave: celebrating a holiday after it has passed) Parley was able to be part of his first flag ceremony as a cub scout.

Gary was able to get tickets to the Rueben H. Fleet Science Museum for half off. My kids love "kid city". Caroline played in the little house Emma and Parley played with this cool tube system. You put balls in and air pushes them through it.

Gary is on High Adventure campout for his last commitment from his previous calling in YM. So Mon. morning before he left I took a certain kind of test because I was curious and guess what.....I'm pregnant! Number 8 here we come (or as mom says numbers 8 and 9 because I'm ready for twins).

We've also gone to the beach. I'll post those pics next time.

3 comments:

Little Holts said...

Go Mary! Congratulations. That's something I'm not ready for anytime soon, that's for sure.

I love all the pictures, and I really like the one of Parley with a flag. He's so grown up!

Travis'wife said...

Mmm!! I've always wanted to make an American flag cake.

Oooh, that museum would be fun to visit, but it's so expensive. Glad you were able to get in 1/2 off.

Congratulations Mary! YOu're an amazing mom.

Little Holts said...

Mary, do you like that stroller? I've thought about getting a Combi. My double stroller is too big to get through most doors. Does your's fit most places that you shop?