Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Yesterday, Today, and Pioneer Day

This boy is so cute! I love him to pieces. He is already 3 months old. Can you believe that? Oh, by the way Mary I just realized that you almost managed to have continuous pregnancies going in the family since December 2008. We missed it by 2 months. CRAZY! I still can't believe you're pregnant. I mean come on...I just had John. Real logical isn't it?! It must be because I didn't see you pregnant with Caroline and have only seen her once.


So, Jacob I are not winning the best parent award today. Although I did manage to make it through the day without any major yelling incident. Anyway. We went to the pool today for an hour and a half. The big kids don't need sunscreen unless we are outside for extended periods of time. They don't burn unless we are out for hours, so I didn't think to bring sunscreen, and I left John's hat on the counter. Poor John, when he woke up from his nap and I was feeding him he just cried and cried. I couldn't figure out why until I took his blanket off. The poor boy was burnt! After he woke up from his next nap he looked like a lobster. I feel so bad that he is so burnt. At least it's only from his shoulders up. Even his head is scorched. At least he's happy! He has really white fat roll creases now.

Since Jacob is working nights now and needs to sleep in until after our trash is picked up I have to take the trash to the curb now. (poor me...I know) I took it out after the kids were in bed last night and did my best to pull it with the least amount of my skin touching it as possible since I couldn't see what I was touching. I'm terrified of all the poisonous spiders here. There are lots and lots of brown widows. The trash truck came late, so I took a few more things out to put in before they emptied our can out. This fabulous beauty jumped out at me from under the lip where I lifted the lid. Gave me a scare! This is a brown widow. Ewww. It was HUGE for a brown widow too. Once again....ewwww!


Bekah snatched up the last of the cookies as they were putting everything away. There was just enough for everyone but me.


Here's Simi chowing down on some cookies at our Pioneer day celebration. We had a pie and ice cream social. Someone made homemade blueberry ice cream. Yum. Of course on Bekah's last sip of her bowl (it was terribly hot, so the ice cream melted FAST) it dripped down her new dress. Oh well. All the kids were red faced and dripping sweat. You know it's bad when the kids are soaked from sweat.


Don't you just love Lizzie's silly face. It's a good one. Haha..I guess she just doesn't get how to make silly faces for the camera yet. I made these dresses from vintage sheets. Lizzie and Bekah have on pillowcase dresses, and Sariah's is from the fitted sheet. $5 for all the sheets, and I haven't even made a dent in the fabric yet. The girls want me to make a skirt for me to match theirs. I think that will be my next project for me once a few other things are done


How I love this girl! Even when she manages to drive me crazy on a daily basis.

1 comment:

Travis'wife said...

Poor John! He looks so cute, btw!

Love the dresses. They are so cute. I love how you made them all different. Good job.