Thursday, July 22, 2010

I love my Simi boy.

Aww...aren't they so cute? So that was the noise I was hearing for ten minutes before I thought I should go check out what it was. The kiddos playing in the sink.


No wait, is that a PLUG and TOILET PAPER in the sink?!


And RIPPLES of water on the FLOOR? Yes, I love my son. How much? Enough to take pictures of this mess, not yell, put a towel down so the water couldn't make it out the door and walk away with the kids to have a spoonful of homemade yogurt before bed. (Thank you 50's fully tiled all the way up the wall bathroom!) All in an effort to save my sanity.


Just HOW MUCH do I love him?!?! Enough that when I once again heard water overflowing onto the floor a few minutes later, (I caught on faster this time to what I was hearing...smart me) I took the time to photograph it. After all, what is another five gallons of water on the floor when there is already a lake in the bathroom and now down the hallway?

Then I got to change a massively dirty diaper on that sweet little Simi who now has a massive diaper rash from being so wet and dirty, (he gets rashes really easily), borrow a friends shop vac, because I wasn't going to even try moping up that mess, spend 20 minutes sucking up all that water (but hey, the floor is clean!), chase a huge roach in my bathroom (it got away, and now I can fantasize about it crawling on me while I'm in bed...bleh),and get all the little people to bed. Now I get to eat the blueberry yogurt I made all alone since Jacob is gone and the little people never got a chance to taste it since sweet little Simi was sure that his train needed a waterfall to play in. I love food alone after the kids bedtime. Ahhh...it's the little things in life.

1 comment:

Travis'wife said...

Ooh, so sorry Tiff! That bites. You're gonna have to watch him from now on. Tracker is at that terrible stage where everything within reach is fair game, and always ends in a massive mess. Good attitude.

I love those snacks after the kids are in bed the best, too. Nothing like a little "me" time.